DULCEDO Management began as a modeling agency but is now established as the Canadian leader in the artist career management industry. From our offices in Old Port of Montreal and downtown Toronto, our team of more than 18 experienced agents works to represent and manage the careers of more than 550 fashion models internationally, as well Olympic level athletes, show business celebrities and dozens of well-known web influencers. We are the largest management agency in Canada, but most importantly the proudest.
DULCEDO agents are people persons – they love people. They are warmly interested in others. They use their Sensing and Judging characteristics to gather specific, detailed information about others and turn this information into supportive judgments. They want to like people and have a special skill at bringing out the best in others. Does that sound exactly like you?
DULCEDO agents are natural born sales person– they know the art of closing the Deal. If there is anything artistic about selling, it lies not in the method but in closing the deal. Our agents are natural born star salesperson who developed a sixth sense about the right moment to do this and, more importantly, they have the courage to prompt it. We believe being in sales is about winning and if you’re not competitive, then you’re not winning. It’s not about competing against other people -the competition is about yourself. Can the ‘you’ tomorrow beat the ‘you’ that ‘you’ are today tomorrow? Does that sound like a challenge for you?
As our new Sports & Entertainment Agent, you’ll be lending your skills and expertise to directly oversee the B2B business development and career advancement of a selection of Celebrity Talent and/or Athletes. Your profile must be that of an extrovert & performance driven sales-person with a passion for negotiating deals.
As we’re looking for an agent for the Sports & Entertainment division, you should have a clear passion for the national and global sports and entertainment industries, media, communications, events and ideally have experience working with and/or representing the business interests of winter/summer Olympians, professional and/or amateur athletes, public figures or in some capacity with Talents of any sphere of entertainment.
A solid understanding of the sports industry, talent management, sponsorship & endorsement deals, Sports on Traditional and Newer Digital Media, changing nature of sports organizations, personal branding, the social media landscape, and entertainment industry is a must.
The main mission of the agent role is to help talent generate revenue opportunities and facilitate brand collaborations and partnerships on behalf of our creators while helping them grow their sponsorship portfolio and activities, visibility and social media audience. This role is a unique blend of talent management, negotiation skills, personal branding, strategic planning. Above all else, this role requires proactivity, flexibility, resourcefulness, and willingness for non-stop hustle.
Members of the talent management team are expected to develop the vertical marketing expertise to best service creators, drive revenue for talent, and provide individualized attention and support.
The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of sales performance. Prior experience working with talent and pitching deals to clients is preferred. Traditional talent management or agency experience is ideal.
To be successful in this role you must be passionate about what you do, comfortable with long hours, and ready for constant communication with talent from all over the world during and after office hours. You should be excited by the idea of a fast-paced environment on the cutting edge of the entertainment industry.
Most importantly we’re looking for eager, optimistic individuals who are willing to put themselves out there and don’t take no for an answer.
- Manage and support a roster of talents
- Develop and build upon existing revenue opportunities
- Facilitate the negotiation and execution of sponsorships and brand collaborations on behalf of talent
- Create and implement personal branding strategy recommendations
- Consistently discover new talent and know the key players in the sports, sports media + entertainment space
- Identify and recruit new talents that are aligned closely with our current objectives
- Recruit and sign new prospective talent
- Social media audience growth and development across platforms
- Meet and exceed monthly revenue and retention-based KPIs
- Heavy multi-tasking and research responsibilities
- Attend industry events and talent meetings outside of normal work hours
- 2-4 year’s experience in the entertainment industry, artist/talent relations or media industry
- Skilled in sponsorship and sales management.
- Public relations skills.
- Expertise and interest in the social and video space
- Detail oriented and process driven, with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Ability to professionally communicate via phone, email, text message, and in person
- Demonstrated ability to think outside of the box and be solutions oriented
- Flexibility to handle changing market conditions and workload under tight deadlines
- Well-organized, highly self-motivated, optimistic and positive attitude
- Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a wide range of personality types
- Strong analytical, research skills required
- Enjoys working in a high-intensity environment
PERKS + BENEFITS
- Flexible hours
- Be a part of a rapidly growing company and a true family environment
- Generous paid time off each year
- Unlimited income opportunity based on performance & sales commissions
- Tremendous room for promotion within a fast-growing company
- B2B Sales: 2+ years
- Marketing, events & sponsorship: 1+ year
- PR: 1+ year
- Talent Management: 1+ year
- Knowledge of Business Law is an Asset.
If you are interested and have the experience we are looking for, please email your resume to email@example.com
Please include your NAME and the POSITION you are applying for in the subject line. We thank all applicants in advance for your interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.